[PostmansCorner] The Postman's Corner



 

THE POSTMAN'S CORNER
 
 
I have often repented speaking,
but never of holding my tongue.
Xenocrates

GOOD MORNING POSTMAN FANS!!
I went down to the "old Monroe mall" the other day. This was an
old street that was converted to a pedestrian mall back in the
70s when such things were popular.The city fathers claimed it would be
great in order to generate new businesses in a neighborhood that
was suffering. It didn't do a lot to generate new business. But
I enjoyed it tho, because there were about a dozen
street vendors who set up to sell hotdogs, popcorn and any number
of neat things to passersby at lunch time on the sidewalk.
But the lunch crowd, man, that was cool, the best part.
secretaries would come out for lunch, college girls walked around
in their halter tops. A guy would be looking to his left and right
so much at the sights that he would have to go see his chiropractor
for a stiff neck afterwards. I spent many a happy lunch hour back
then, simply taking in the sights and a greasy chilli dog,
elephant ears, or etc. Unfortunately, aside from a few street
vendors selling sandwiches and snacks, the mall did little to attract
new business There were 8 empty buildings when the mall was built
in the 70s. In the late 80s there were 12 or more.
Then the merchants were complaing that there was no easy
access and so the city fathers determined that
it would be better to convert it back to a street. And the lazy days
of summer on the mall were but a memory. Now, after visiting
the other day,  I find there are only 2 or 3 merchants left. The
street vendors are gone, as well as the lunch time crowd and the
good looking secretaries. There was nothing left but a dismal,
trash strewn street with bums asking for smokes and change.
The mall cost between 2 and 3 million dollars in the 70s to build
it cost nearly 15 million to convert back to a street.
Go figger.
We do hope you enjoy today's issue
Cordially
Martin aka the postman
__________
 
 
THE COMICS
 
 
 
 
 
____________
 
 
LETS GO TO THE MOVIES
 
Jo in Florida
 
POWER POINT DISPLAY
 
 
A woman goes to her doctor, complaining that her
husband is 300% impotent. The doctor says, "I'm not
sure I understand what you mean."
She says, "Well, the first 100% you can imagine.
In addition, he burned his tongue and broke his finger!"
_____________
 
The kids filed back into class Monday morning.
They were very excited.
Their weekend assignment was to sell something,
then give a talk on productive salesmanship.
Little Sally led off: "I sold girl scout cookies
and I made $30," she said proudly, "My sales approach
was to appeal to the customer's civil spirit and I
credit that approach for my obvious success."
"Very good," said the teacher.
Little Jenny was next: "I sold magazines," she said,
"I made $45 and I explained to everyone that
magazines would keep them up on current events."
"Very good, Jenny," said the teacher.
Eventually, it was Little Johnny's turn.
The teacher held her breath.
Little Johnny walked to the front of the classroom
and dumped a box full of cash on the teacher's desk.
"$2,467," he said.
"$2,467!" cried the teacher,
"What in the world were you selling"
"Toothbrushes," said Little Johnny.
"Toothbrushes," echoed the teacher, "How could you
possibly sell enough toothbrushes to make that much money?"
"I found the busiest corner in town," said Little
Johnny, "I set up a Dip & Chip stand, I gave everybody
who walked by a free sample. They all said the same
thing, 'Hey, this tastes like dog crap!' Then I would say,
'It is dog crap. Wanna buy a toothbrush?' I used the
President Dubya's method of giving you something shitty,
but looks good for free, and then making you pay to
get the bad taste out of your mouth."
The teacher was speechless.
____________
 
Top Ten Country & Western Songs.
10. I Hate Every Bone In Her Body But Mine
9. I Ain't Never Gone To Bed With an Ugly Woman But I Woke Up With A Few
8. If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me
7. I've Missed You, But My Aim's Improvin'
6. Wouldn't Take Her To A Dogfight 'Cause I'm Scared She'd Win
5. I'm So Miserable Without You It's Like You're Still Here
4. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Miss Him
3.. She Took My Ring and Gave Me the Finger
2. She's Lookin' Better with Every Beer
And the Number One Country & Western song is...
 1. It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed My Ass All Day Long
__________
 
BUFFALO BILL
 
Mrs Hughes
Friends
 
THAT'S ALL FOLKS
HAve a nice day
FROM
Martin aka the postman
 

 


__._,_.___


*To visit your group "PostmansCorner" on the web.
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostmansCorner
  or http://www.thepostmanscorner.net
*To unsubscribe from this group, send a blank email to:
  PostmansCorner-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
*To subscribe to this group, send a blank email to:
  PostmansCorner-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
*PLZ NOTE: DO NOT send unsubscribe requests to the listowner
  (Follow instructions)




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

YouTube/Music

"What's on TV? For Many Americans, It's Now YouTube - People spent nearly 10% of their TV-viewing time watching the service, ho...