[PostmansCorner] The Postman's Corner



 


THE POSTMAN'S CORNER

 

"It is impossible to begin to learn
that which one thinks one already knows."
 Epictetus

 


GOOD MORNING POSTMAN FANS!
So. you ever ask yourself what you would do if you
won the powerball, or in some other way you became wildly
rich, for once? First thing, most of you  would probably
quit your job, right? Well, understandable, considering
you spend a great deal of each day there and it is not your
first choice. But you know what? After taking medical retirement
a few years ago, you know what I think I would do?
If I won the lottery and became filthy rich, I would probably
buy myself a company. That way I would have a place where I could go and
work and nobody would be able to say I couldn't because I was the boss. See
how fun that would be? I could set my own pace and work as my lung function
allowed. And if I was having one of those "bad days" I could just
sit there. Cuz lemme tellya folks, there is no fun in sittin around all day.
TRUST ME ... s'truth!!!
Folks, if you have a job today and are working, no matter what it is,
even if its taking out the garbage or cleaning the toilet. Be glad you have it.
So, what would YOU do if YOU one the lottery?

We do hope you enjoy today's issue
Cordially
Martin aka the postman

_____________

THE COMICS

makes no sense
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/z016.html

emergency room
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/z017.html

Its Monday
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/z018.html

reassurance
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/z019.html

the big bang theory
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/z020.html

___________________

LETS GO TO THE MOVIES

The Scottish drinking song
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/da/a1450.html

Memories of WNEW Channel 5
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/da/a1451.html

A Canadian and an American were hunting in the Canadian
forest when a Mexican runs across a clearing.
The Canadian immediately shoots him in the back and kills him.
"You can't do that!", cried the American.
"No, no, it's legal here in Canada " replies the Canadian.
Later that night the American goes and buys some beer and puts it on the
roof of his truck to open the door.
Just then a Mexican runs by, grabs the beer off the roof, and runs away.
The American thinks, "No problem" then he shoots him in the back and kills him.
As he is retrieving his beer, the police come and arrest him.
"But I thought it was legal to shoot Mexicans here in Canada !" protests the American.
"Well yeah," says the cop, "but you can't use Bait."
__________________

So after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter,
a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day....
About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive,
mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling
obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.
I said pleasantly, 'Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart. 
Nice children you have there. Are they twins?'
The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'Hell no, they ain't twins.
The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7.
Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or stupid?'
So I replied, 'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe
anyone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.'
My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work
______________

Hurrying to finish her shopping, a young woman slipped on the wet
pavement and fell to the ground.  A passing vicar helped her to her
feet, saying, "This is the first time I have picked up a fallen
woman!"  To which she replied, "And sir, this is the first time I have been
picked up by a man of the cloth."
________________

An attractive young med student was having coffee with her girlfriend
and complaining about her fiancee's extraordinary sexual appetite. "I
barely have the strength to come to work in the morning," she
murmured. "And now that he's on his vacation, things will probably be
even more intense when he gets back."
"How long is he off?" the assistant inquired.
"It varies," she replied. "But usually it's just long enough to smoke
a cigarette."
____________________

THAT'S ALL FOLKS
Have a nice day
FROM:
Martin aka the postman

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 



__._,_.___


*To visit your group "PostmansCorner" on the web.
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostmansCorner
  or http://www.thepostmanscorner.net
*To unsubscribe from this group, send a blank email to:
  PostmansCorner-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
*To subscribe to this group, send a blank email to:
  PostmansCorner-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
*PLZ NOTE: DO NOT send unsubscribe requests to the listowner
  (Follow instructions)




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

YouTube/Music

"What's on TV? For Many Americans, It's Now YouTube - People spent nearly 10% of their TV-viewing time watching the service, ho...