[PostmansCorner] The Postman's Corner



 

THE POSTMAN'S CORNER

But, sir, I shall take the path of
duty and shall not swerve from it.
Benjamin F. Wade


GOOD MORNING POSTMAN FANS!
Yesterday came and went without incident.
Unremarkable since most days do without major
trauma. However, did you notice yesterday was
Friday the 13th? I did not realize it until the
afternoon when I stumbled across a readers email,
wonder why u would remind someone of that?
Merry Friday the 13th? sorta like Merry Christmas?

Oh well. Yesterday also came and went with out the
materialization of the major snow event that the weather
guys were saying it was gonna be.We got maybe 3 or 4
inches of fluff at the most. My pappy always
went to the farmers alamac for the days weather.
More often than not, it was more reliable.

Nothing will ever compare to the winter of '81.
that was a real blow out and I got stuck in a snow drift
for over 8 hrs. I was on the clock in a company vehicle.
and my employer refused to send a tow truck for me
and said he would come out in the morning himself, since
he did not want to pay tow fees. it was ok because I was
on the clock and I had a good amount of coffee and food
in the vehicle, so I didn't suffer. He probably paid
me more in wages than it would have cost in the towing.
GO FIGGER

We do hope you enjoy today's issue
Cordially
Martin aka the postman

________________

THE COMICS

sleep walking neighbor
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/y076.html

thank you
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/y077.html

the size of it
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/y078.html

ebay opportunity
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/y079.html

not faking it
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/y080.html
_________________

LETS GO TO THE MOVIES

caught in the dressing room
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/da/a1441.html

the electric fence
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/da/a1442.html

automated
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/da/a1443.html

pussy cat
http://www.thepostmanscorner.net/da/a1444.html


A hunter walking through the jungle, found a huge, dead
dinosaur, with a pigmy standing beside it. Amazed, he asked,
"Did you kill that?"
The pigmy said, "Yes."
The hunter asked, "How could a little bloke like you kill
a huge beast like that?"
The pigmy said, "I killed it with my club."
The astonished hunter asked, "How big is your club?"
The pigmy replied, "There are about two hundred of us."
_____________

The counselor was helping the kids put their stuff away on their
first day in summer camp. He was surprised to see one of the youngsters had an umbrella.
The counselor asked him, "Why did you bring an umbrella to camp?"
The kid answered, "Didn't you ever have a mother?"
_______________

A fellow from the city was driving through the country one day when
he came upon a quaint farmhouse alongside of the road - and there
was even a farmer standing out front. So the city boy decided to stop and talk to the farmer.
"Good morning, sir," he said, "I was driving by, admiring the country,
'cause I'm a city boy, and I couldn't help but notice that you have a field
full of cows on your farm. Now I've lived in the city all my life and
I've never tried any fresh country milk. If it's all right with you,
I'd like to try some fresh country milk from your cows."
The farmer replied, "Son, those are bulls! You don't get milk from bulls!!"
And the city boy said, "But I won't hurt your cows. All I want to do is to try some fresh country milk."
The farmer had to try again, "Son, those are BULLS!! You don't get milk from BULLS!!!"
But the city boy persisted, "Really, I won't hurt your COWS!
I just want to try some fresh country milk!!"
So the farmer reluctantly gave in, "Son, knock yourself out."
In a half an hour the city boy returned from the fields carrying a pail
of fresh country milk. The farmer scratched his head and started to speak,
but the city boy jumped in with, "You know, while I was out in the field
getting this lovely fresh country milk, I saw a fence covered with honeysuckles.
And you know, I've been city boy all my life and I've never had any fresh
country honey. If it's all right with you, I'd like to try some fresh country honey from your honeysuckles."
And the farmer replied, "Son, honeysuckles are flowers. You get honey from bees."
But the city boy persisted, "I won't hurt your flowers. I just want to try some fresh country honey."
So the farmer tried again, "Son, honey comes from BEES!"
But the city boy was adamant, "Really, I won't hurt your FLOWERS!
I just want to try some fresh country honey!!"
And the farmer reluctantly gave in again, "Son, be my guest."
In a half an hour the city boy returned with 2 mason jars full of honey.
The farmer scratched his head harder than before and started to speak.
Just then the city boy said,"You know, I'm a city boy - been a city boy all my
life. Now while I was out getting some of that fresh country honey,
I noticed that you also have a field full of pussy willows ..."
"Hold on son," interrupted the farmer, "let me get my hat."
_________________

THAT'S ALL FOLKS
Have a nice day
FROM:
Martin aka the postman

 

 

 

 



__._,_.___


*To visit your group "PostmansCorner" on the web.
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostmansCorner
  or http://www.thepostmanscorner.net
*To unsubscribe from this group, send a blank email to:
  PostmansCorner-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
*To subscribe to this group, send a blank email to:
  PostmansCorner-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
*PLZ NOTE: DO NOT send unsubscribe requests to the listowner
  (Follow instructions)




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

YouTube/Music

"What's on TV? For Many Americans, It's Now YouTube - People spent nearly 10% of their TV-viewing time watching the service, ho...