Hiatus ⏳

View this email in your browser
Hey there Potty —

Six years.

To some, it might seem like a blink of an eye. To others, an eternity. Weary but grateful parents have a saying when raising children: "The days are long, but the years are short."

I could say the same thing about The Full Monty. It's kind of like a child to me. I gave it life; it demands constant attention; it exhausts me; it takes up my weekends and countless other hours; it drains my resources; other people think it's amazing.

But after six years of putting together this monster of a weekly newsletter, I'm tired. I need a rest. And I need to reset.

So, as the subject line infers, I'm taking a hiatus.

For how long, I don't know.

Wivenhoe Park, Essex by John Constable (Wikimedia Comons - public domain) That looks nice, doesn't it?
 
That wordhiatusalways reminds me of a Johnny Carson bit, when he played Carnac the Magnificent, who would divine an answer to a question that was sealed in an envelope. After holding the envelope to his head and uttering the answer, he'd then rip open the envelope and read the question. In this case, it went:
 
"The answer is hiatus. And the question is...
[Opens envelope] 'What do you say when you meet an atus?'"

Sorry. Back to the point of my note (assuming you're still with me after that).

TL;DR: I'm not seeing an appreciable return from the newsletter, in terms of clients, any direct revenue from it, or even any Marie Kondo-level stuff. Given that I put in 50-80 links on any given week, it's a HUGE effort for one person to put in. (Think it takes you a long time to read it? Imagine how long it takes to assemble!)

So I need to rethink it.

Should I shorten it? Is there a better process? Do I need to get some help? How would I fund that help? Or should The Full Monty even continue to exist?

I don't have all of the answers. 

Right now, I'm in the midst of working on a website refresh, where ScottMonty.com will get revamped and content from fullmontyshow.com will migrate over. I'm working with William at Nutt Labs on that, and it will gradually roll out in the months ahead.

And that project led me to reflect on whether the newsletter is even necessary any more. For my sake or yours.
In order to help me decide what the future looks like, I need your help.

Please answer a few questions for the good of the community (well, and for your own sake too — let's not pretend this is completely altruistic). Simply click the link above, or this button:
The future is in your hands. No biggie.
If you regularly share this newsletter with your colleagues, please forward this note to them, or send them to:
I really appreciate you reading this far Potty — and I'm glad you're a subscriber. 


Thanks, and I'll see you on the Internet.

Share
Tweet
Forward
Share
Let's connect:
Can I bring some Timeless Wisdom your way? I speak to executives, teams, and groups about avoiding shiny object syndrome and finding the truth in human nature that drives customer behavior.
Let's set up some time to chat!
Book an inquiry call with Scott
Copyright © 2019 Scott Monty Strategies, All rights reserved.
You're receiving email from me because you signed up for Scott's updates.

Our mailing address is:
Scott Monty Strategies
789 Buchanan St
Canton, MI 48188-3427

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

YouTube/Music

"What's on TV? For Many Americans, It's Now YouTube - People spent nearly 10% of their TV-viewing time watching the service, ho...