Surviving The Post-Holiday Blues

Lunch reads from around the web...since 2013! //   //  
View this email in your browser
Oh...Oh Yeah I Have To Make A Lunch Read

I'm awake, I swear...Hey all you post-holiday-post-holly-post-happy-Post-Malone-presently-hungover winter warriors out there. If you're working, I'm sorry. If you're off today, good for you. It's time to start planning your New Year's resolutions and it's time for me to make obvious jokes about not keeping them.

Enjoy your lunch.

- Today's Menu -

What a Border-Wall GoFundMe Campaign Says About America
"A far-fetched online fund-raiser shows the lengths to which Americans will go to circumvent the country's broken systems."
Appetizer (5 min) | The Atlantic

Gay Life in Berlin Is Starting to Echo a Darker Era
"The right-wing resurgence in Germany recalls prewar Berlin. It may signal an ominous turn for the country's gay community."
EntrΓ©e (8 min) | The Atlantic

The Most Anticipated Albums Of 2019
From Dua Lipa to Big Sean, this list is certainly a list.
Starter (7 min) | Uproxx

The 7 biggest foreign news stories to watch in 2019, from Brexit to North Korea
"An internal struggle begins in the viewer's body, which is pulled between joy and horror."
Appetizer (5 min) | Vox

Jordan Peele's Us Trailer Is Completely Terrifying
Just like for Get Out, I'm excited for someone to tell me about all the subtle hints in this one so I can tell other people about them as if I found them myself...
Dessert (3 min) | GQ

The 10 Weirdest Science Stories of 2018
From a Tesla in space to necrophiliac crows, this list is certainly also a list.
Dessert (5 min) | Live Science

Most people are bad at arguing. These 2 techniques will make you better.
Sorry for sharing this right after the holidays. At least you'll have it for next year!
Dessert (5 min) | Vox
While you were celebrating the holidays, accused sexual assaulter Kevin Spacey was in the kitchen cooking up a hot take.
Songs That My Friend John Says Are Cool
Icarus by White Hinterland
--
Gallipoli by Beirut
--
Warm Without Me by Kalbells
--
STMFJSAC Spotify Playlist
Here are the most bizarre political moments of 2018 and you can bet your butt that it's mostly Trump.
@britneyspears: Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga.  I think she's a really interesting artist.
Thanks for reading! I appreciate you and I'll see y'all in 2019!
Share
Tweet
Forward
Send The Lunch Read to a Friend!
Written and curated by @tommy_stella
Copyright © 2018, All Rights Reserved. 


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

No comments:

YouTube/Music

"What's on TV? For Many Americans, It's Now YouTube - People spent nearly 10% of their TV-viewing time watching the service, ho...