Bye

See the newsletter as a web page
Hey there Potty —  
 
I hope I didn't startle you with the subject line. I'm using it as a noun, not an interjection. As in, "the position of a player in a tournament who advances to the next round without playing."

As in, this is a bye week for me.

The reason that The Full Monty is off this week is because I spent the last five days (well, the previous four, really - yesterday I was with my family) at the annual gathering of the Baker Street Irregulars, the literary society dedicated to Sherlock Holmes.

Sherlock Holmes has been one of my extracurricular interests since I was 15, and it has brought me into contact with people from all over the world, in all walks of life.

But more than just meeting interesting people, the interactions have reminded me that it's important to get out of my professional bubble from time to time. Doing so broadens my understanding of human behavior, and even more importantly, provides me with ideas and inspiration that I couldn't otherwise get. 

I hope you have the opportunity to read widely and interact with people and ideas that are outside of your usual path. It's one of the reasons I like providing so many links, stories, and news items for you here each week.

If you're finding value on a regular basis, I'd encourage you to support this process by becoming a patron. You get early access and bonus content that no one else gets.

 
"Read it up—you really should. There is nothing new under the sun. It has all been done before."
– Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Thanks, and I'll see you on the Internet.
Share
Tweet
Share
Forward
Can I bring some Timeless Wisdom your way? I speak to executives, teams, and groups about avoiding shiny object syndrome and finding the truth in human nature that drives customer behavior.
Let's set up some time to chat!
Let's chat - book a call with me
Follow Scott on social media:
Copyright © 2019 Scott Monty Strategies, All rights reserved.
You're receiving email from me because you signed up for Scott's updates.

Our mailing address is:
Scott Monty Strategies
789 Buchanan St
Canton, MI 48188-3427

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

No comments:

YouTube/Music

"What's on TV? For Many Americans, It's Now YouTube - People spent nearly 10% of their TV-viewing time watching the service, ho...